What you’ll get out of it
• Valuable work experience and a verified log of accrued volunteer hours
• The opportunity to develop confidence, social skills, employability and literacy skills and to make a positive contribution to your community – and a chance to make new friends
What will you be doing as a young volunteer?
• Signing children up to the challenge and helping them find and choose books
• Helping children and families to use the Summer Reading Challenge website and to download the Summer Reading Challenge app
• Helping with events and activities to help children share their reading choices and collecting feedback
What are we looking for in a young volunteer?
You will be aged between 14 and 24 years and must commit to a minimum of 3 hours per week across 4 weeks (12hrs in total over the summer).
You will need good communication skills and preferably a willingness to engage with children and families in both Welsh and English; an interest in supporting and working with children, and in books and reading; and a flexible, friendly approach to tasks undertaken, punctuality and reliability.
Contact for further information
Corwen Library email@example.com
Denbigh Library firstname.lastname@example.org
Llangollen Library email@example.com
Prestatyn Library firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhuddlan Library email@example.com
Rhyl Library firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruthin Library email@example.com
St Asaph Library firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!